A diet rich in fruits and vegetables is optimal for good health. To that end, we will be highlighting the potential health benefits of adding pineapple into your diet. The sweet, citrus fruit has a variety of potential health boosts.
• Blood Pressure: Pineapple is a good source of potassium, which helps lower blood pressure.
• Cancer: Their vitamin C content helps combat free radicals that can cause cancer.
• Age-Related Eye Issues: Fruit in general is good for fighting the progression of age-related macular degeneration.
• Digestion: Their fiber and water content can help prevent constipation.
• Inflammation: Pineapples have bromelain. This enzyme can reduce swelling.
• Immune System: Vitamin C helps with immune system function.
Pineapple is a sweet addition to a balanced diet. Be sure to eat it in moderation though as too much pineapple can cause problems such as mouth tenderness and heart burn.