The rutabaga is an interesting vegetable. It’s a cross between the turnip and the cabbage and is quite popular in European cooking. This vegetable is packed with nutrients that have a wide variety of health benefits. For example:
• Cancer prevention: Rutabaga is full of antioxidants which help promote healthy cell growth and functioning.
• Prevent premature aging: Certain nutrients in rutabaga help fight free radicals, which can cause early aging.
• Lower blood pressure: Rutabaga is rich in potassium, which helps regulate blood pressure.
• Lower cholesterol: That same potassium also helps with lowering cholesterol.
• Helps strengthen the immune system: Their vitamin C content helps with stimulating the immune system.
• Helps fight colorectal cancer: Rutabaga’s free radical fighting ability can help with this as well. Their high fiber content also helps in this area.
Rutabaga is a great vegetable to incorporate into a balanced diet. A balanced diet is important for overall health.